NCFE CACHE LEVEL 2 AWARD – Nutrition & Health£525.00
About this course
This qualification is ideal for learners who are interested in improving their understanding of nutrition and diet and their role in improving and maintaining health and well-being.
This qualification will:
- Increase understanding of the principles of healthy eating and the role of food in maintaining health
- Increase confidence in planning and achieving a healthy diet
- Provide an understanding of how an individual’s dietary requirements change throughout their life
- Raise awareness of the dietary requirements of particular individuals
- Provide an understanding of food labelling and the ability to use information from food labels
- Provide a basis for further study and/or career development
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore no real work environment placement is required. however, you may find it helpful if you have already achieved a Level 1 qualification to enhance your understanding of this qualification.
We do also advise you to think about finding work placement as a volunteer. The areas need to be related to well-being, health, nutrition and/or exercise if you are planning to continue your personal development in this profession to a higher level. This qualification can also enhance your CV in supporting teaching and learning in schools and colleges.
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Certificate in Health and Fitness
- Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults ) England
- Level 2 and 3 qualification in Exercise and Fitness
- Level 3 qualifications in Health Promotion
- Level 2 and 3 Diplomas in Sport
This qualification can also enhance your CV in the teaching and supporting in schools and colleges career.
Explore principles of healthy eating K/601/2530
This unit starts by looking at how diet affects a person's health. Learners then look at how the 5 food groups contribute to a healthy diet and the role of different nutrients in maintaining health. The final section provides learners with an understanding of healthy food preparation.
Consider nutritional needs of a variety of individuals J/601/2535
This unit encourages learners to look at how nutritional needs vary with age. Learners gain an understanding of the special dietary requirements of vegetarians, those with certain religious beliefs and those with allergies. They also gain an awareness of the factors that create barriers to healthy eating.
Use food and nutrition information to plan a healthy diet M/601/2545
In this unit, learners gain an awareness of the information that is provided on food labels and how this may be used to plan a healthy diet. They will learn the facts behind nutritional claims on food labels and will consider the advantages and disadvantages of using food additives. In the final section learners evaluate their own diet and make recommendations for improvement.
98 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
The qualification can usually be completed in 10 weeks or less.
To be awarded the Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.