NCFE CACHE LEVEL 1 AWARD – Nutrition & Health£200.00
About this course
This qualification is designed for learners looking to improve their understanding of nutrition and health.
This qualification aims to:
- develop learners’ understanding of the importance of eating healthily and maintaining hydration
- develop learners’ understanding of food choices and how to make healthy choices
- help learners plan a healthy diet for self and others
- increase understanding of eating disorders, the connections between food and feelings and ways to seek help and support.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore no real work environment placement is required.
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
- Level 1 Award in Alcohol Awareness
- Level 1 Award in Exercise Studies
- Level 2 Award in Nutrition and Health
- Level 2 Award in Improving Personal Exercise, Health and Nutrition
Introductory awareness of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults Y/502/9720
The aim of this unit is to develop the learner's awareness of and understanding of the importance of healthy eating and drinking for adults.
Planning healthy diets F/503/2241
In this unit learners will plan a healthy diet and understand how to make healthy food choices from a menu. They will also explore how food choices can be influenced.
Understanding eating disorders H/503/0997
In this unit learners will understand the various eating disorders. They will understand how to recognise the signs and symptoms and effects on health of different disorders. They will also explore the link between food and feelings and how to access more information and support.
43 GLH (Guided Learning Hours)
The qualification can usually be completed in 5 weeks or less.
To be awarded the Level 1 Award in Nutrition and Health learners are required to successfully complete all 3 mandatory units.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. This qualification is suitable for learners aged 14 and above.
Our course begins with the first step for generating great user experiences: understanding what people do, think, say, and feel. In this module, you’ll learn how to keep an open mind while learning.